Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana @That Artsy Reader Girl. Weekly prompts are posted on her blog each week and any blogger who want to participate can create their own list of 10, 5, 2, 1 or any combo of numbers in between in answer to that prompt. Do what works for you on your blog, and join in the listing fun!
This week’s prompt is “Books I’d Slay a Lion to Get Early!” This is always a fun one for book lovers to ruminate and stew over month after month, year after year. It always seems like some new series is coming out and devastating the book community, leaving us desperate for the next title to come out. Here’s my list of books that I’m desperate to get my hands on! (in no particular order, they’re all on my list!)
- Vengeful by V.E. Schwab. (The Villians #2) Vicious was one of my earliest reviews in my blogging career, and I absolutely loved it. I have been waiting for book 2 for so long!
- What the Woods Keep by Katya de Becerra – Dark Fantasy meets supernatural horror when the main character inherits her childhood home – I am there for it!
- The Iron Flower by Laurie Forest – Those of you who have been following me for any length of time probably know that I championed for people to give The Black Witch a chance when it was slammed on twitter. I loved the way the characters grew in that book and am excited to see where they go next.
- In the House in the Dark of the Woods by Laird Hunt – A horror story set in Colonial New England? Yes please!
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab – I’m clearly really drawn to the supernatural/occult oriented stories right now.
- Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett – this fantasy novel looks so good! Honestly, I’d buy it for the cover alone too. fight me.
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning – Can’t keep me away from a good seafaring adventure, or anything with mermaids.
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo – Sign me up immediately for this adventure!
- Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson – I am obsessed with the premise of this book! Sort of Heathers meets The Craft. I need it now!
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor – I read and loved Strange the Dreamer last year too. Please god of books, grant me a copy of this book ASAP!
What’s on your list for 2018? Anything else caught your eye that isn’t on this list?