Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana @That Artsy Reader Girl. Weekly prompts are posted on her blog each week and any blogger who want to participate can create their own list of 10, 5, 2, 1 or any combo of numbers in between in answer to that prompt. Do what works for you on your blog, and join in the listing fun!
This week’s prompt is “Books With My Favorite Color On the Cover!” My favorite color is really hard to pin down, because I think it sort of alternates back and forth between a few choices, and is entirely dependent on my mood and the shade of said color. That being said, while my go-to favorite color for book covers is definitely black, we’ll say for the sake of argument that today, my color ever is blue. Blue is just such a lovely color, and it really makes for some beautiful book covers!
Books With My Favorite Color (Blue) On the Cover
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – The definitive blue cover. I remember when I first saw this cover after reading Illuminae and immediately fell in love!
- The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson – The final book in The Remnant Chronicles trilogy. I still need to read this book! I’m vowing to get to it this summer! I love this deep blue cover. Definitely sets the tone for how atmospheric this is going to be!
- Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo – The blue background for this is so stunning against the red and gold logo.
- Eon by Greg Bear – Scifi titles lend themselves so perfectly to blue on the cover. I picked this book up in a recent haul simply because the cover caught my eye in the store.
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – This cover is stunning! I love these covers so much more than the old covers (which I own.) I almost want to replace all my books now.
- Unearthed by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner – I love the way blue is incorporated into this cover as water within this cavelike structure. It really works so well to demonstrate what the book will hopefully be like.
- Death’s End by Cixin Liu – The picture really does not do this cover justice. You have to see it in person. The blue in this is understated, but it’s got so much depth. Truly one of the most beautiful covers I’ve got on my shelf.
- Dreadnought by April Daniels – The way that blue is primarily utilized for the main character’s cape is awesome, and evocative of the superhero image. Love it!
- Pitch Dark by Courtney Alameda – Another sci-fi title that marvelously incorporates blue and space themes. Love the way the nebula in this cover art is a gigantic skull. It’s pretty badass.
I saved the best for last. The UK cover of Strange The Dreamer by Laini Taylor which I still consider probably the most beautiful book I own. When I read this one, I took the slipcover off of it because I didn’t want to risk damaging it in any way. It’s my favorite book on my shelf right now.
What’s your favorite color? What would be your favorite example of a book with that color on the cover?